Saturday, September 5, 2009

Open House!

Picture Location: http://www.borg.com

Okay, Monday the 31st of August we had Open House. WOW! I have never shakin so many hands in my entire life or talked with so many parents. I stated only positive stuff and I have about 1/3 of my students family show up. I truly did enjoy the night. It made for a long ride home. Open House went from 6:30-8:00. By the time I got home it was 9:30 and there was only time to kiss my sons, chat for a few minutes with my daughter and tell my friend I would talk with her tomorrow. I then laid down and promptly fell asleep.


A couple of significant things this week:

1) Don't get involved in seperating people in a fight. Call security and keep the rest of the students in the rooms.

2) The student that you think may be causing problems in room behavorially because he doesn't want to be there, may be too proud to ask for help. Change the way you react. You can't control students all the time, but you have control of yourself all the time.

3) Annoying Fire Alarms mean that you should take head ache medicine afterwards before addressing your next class. Oh, one other thing. They will always ring during yor conference period taking up most of your time.

4) Just when you think they don't get it, they say something brillant and blow you out of the water.

5) If a teacher says they want to be your best friend, there are strings attached!


Other than it was a long week I did have an enjoyable time. I hope your teaching time and week went just as well.

1 comment:

  1. k...so the firedrill thing---prefer it during your conference to losing a full class period of teaching that puts you behind...I WISH it were during my planning, but alas all ours are after lunch due to cafeteria issues when the fire alarm goes off. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete