Sunday, April 5, 2009

Service Project Meeting

I just finished with my student, Matthew, that I am working with. His topic is Native American Stories. He has to research the following areas on Cherokee Indians: war, where and when they lived, shelter, language, culture, tools/weapons, one famous person, clothing, tribal leaders, art, religion, and myths & legends. My student said he didn't know anything. In fact, it was difficult to get him to speak about his project.
I am still not quite sure about the parameters of the project. However, I am planning on diving in and doing the best I can for my student. His father and mother were very receptive and I am sure we will be able to get him to a nice design.
The one thing we did do today was establish his blog site and get his first blog on it. This was also the most difficult as we had problems with email addresses and he couldn't remember his. After about 15 minutes of working on it we finally settled on his fathers email address and will be working from there. I will also be helping Matthew add in his K-W-L chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment