Monday, April 27, 2009

CHRGIS Enhamcement Presentation

Tonight Deidre Williams came and spoke with us about the CHRGIS site. The talk was fascinating and allowed for another website for usage within the science TEKS area. I can see usage of this within the water ecosystems and Erosion section. I would have to do some more thinking on this, however, I can see this being valuable data for use within the classroom.
I would love seeing the use of the areal photos within a movie to show the migration of the sand over time and how the beach begins to take on natural formation.
I also would love to see the different types of sand used within a game to match to beaches in the area.
Another idea would be to see how the creation of University beach has changed the underwater ecosystem.
There are many idea..I just have figure out what more we could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment