Sunday, February 15, 2009

Internet Resources

Hey Everyone!
We were discussing in class the other night about great ways for teachers to get viable and relavent information for their students when studying subjects. Just take for example, the three branches of government. Technology today allows us to go way past the normal worksheet and lecture style. Now we can draw our students in with the use of current online information, website videos, soundclips, webquests, images, scavenger hunts, email projects and so much more. I took some time this weekend to bring a few of my favorite websites up for perusal. This is a list that grows more and more each day. The Three Branches of government is one of my favorite subjects. I think it's because I love to see how people work together and don't work together to accomplish things. One of the things I haven't included in this post is how to set up a chat room for your class. I love this idea for working with students. Now some of you may be saying, Hold on one minute! I don't do chatrooms. Well, I can undertand some of the wariness. However, a chatroom can be a great way of giving online help to students afterschool when you are at home working. A set site allows for them to know they can contact you not only by phone, or email, but in a medium they can get clear explanations.
Think on it!
Remember, teaching is a life long learning process. When it ceases to be that we become stagnant! Have a great day and may your students desire to learn.
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment